Coronavirus – keeping you informed
Coronavirus – keeping you informed
Caring for people is at the heart of our business and is core to our company values.
Given the growing threat from the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and as a responsible company, the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, our customers and our business partners, must take the highest priority.
So we would like to let you know that we have implemented a number of actions, in line with Government guidelines. These are specifically aimed at safeguarding our staff and customer’s health, whilst ensuring our business maintains operations and continues to provide a ‘business as usual’ approach for our customers.
- We have formed a Crisis Team which meets regularly to monitor changes in the advice from the Government and Public Health England and to update our actions accordingly. We are ensuring all staff receive regular briefings regarding new operating procedures.
- We are no longer shaking hands within the offices and are advising staff to avoid all close contact.
- We are encouraging all staff who are able to work from home to do so and we are striving to ensure that those staff who cannot work from home are as safe as possible. Naturally, any staff who develop symptoms are acting on the latest Government advice to stay home and self-isolate.
- With immediate effect our Sales Team will only conduct business via phone / video calls. Face-to-face meetings will be by exception only (i.e. specific customer requests to problem solve.)
We will not be inviting customers or suppliers to visit us for the foreseeable future.
The team at BituChem are equipped to work just as effectively from home or remotely as they can from our offices. We are extremely confident that we are well prepared to continue to meet the requirements of our customers during this important time.
- Our Trade Counter will remain open to service local customers – but is recognised as a potential risk area. We are ensuring that sanitisers & wipes are available on the customer counter and a special cleaning protocol is in place throughout our offices.
- Like most businesses, we are refreshing our best practice hand-washing posters. We already have anti-bacterial hand sanitiser and wipes in all meeting rooms & communal areas and we are ensuring that we are equipping our staff and delivery drivers to protect both themselves and our customers.
We are exploring ways of maintaining our operating capacity whilst protecting staff and reducing risk by introducing ‘social distancing’. We are also developing contingency plans in the case that significant members of staff are unwell.
We would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that BituChem remains fully operational to support you and your business however we can in these difficult times.
Our Customer Support Team are still keeping our normal opening hours. Their contact details are:
Telephone: 01594 826768
Finally, we would like to assure you that the Directors of BituChem are taking the Coronavirus situation extremely seriously, and are working hard to protect our staff, customers and business and will continue to keep you informed of the actions we are implementing.
For more than 40 years, our customers, colleagues and communities have relied on us and we don’t take that lightly. With the commitment, passion and dedication of our employees – supported by our remote working technology – we will continue to provide the levels of service that customers expect. It’s not quite ‘business as usual’ in these strange and uncertain times, but you have our assurance that we will continue to be there to support the needs of your business.
If you have any queries regarding the points above, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your continued support.